Chicken Gyro and Easy Delicious Tzatziki sauce

Chicken Gyro

Hey everyone!  I was so impressed with this recipe that it's become one that I plan on making regularly.  The Tzatziki sauce was restaurant quality awesome and was SO easy to make!

I had made a different Tzatziki recipe before that required a food processor and was super messy and annoying to clean up, so I was very impressed when this was finished.



Here are the ingredients you'll need to make this yummy dish!

Chicken:

1/4 cup olive oil
2 Tbs lemon juice
2 cloves minced garlic
1 tsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 lb chicken ( I used thick breasts) cut into cubes

Sauce:

6 oz Fage 2% plain Greek yogurt
1/2 cucumber peeled, seeded, grated - squeeze out water
1 TBS Olive Oil
1.5 tsp white vinegar
1 clove garlic minced
pinch salt
pinch of fresh dill


Other Items I used:

Wooden Skewers
Onion
Peppers
Pita



If you have been reading all of my blog posts you may notice that I usually haven't planned enough time to cook or marinade everything for as long as it is called for in the recipe and this one is no different!  Recipe says to marinate for 1-2 hours buttttt I only did for about 15 minutes since it was dinner time and I was hungry. =)


Cook Chicken

Step 1: Combine all ingredients under Chicken in a bag and set in fridge for 1-2 hours.


Step 2: Cut onion and pepper to desired size to place on skewer with chicken to grill on stove or grill.  Chicken about 8 minutes per side.


Make Tzatziki

Combine ingredients when about ready to plate chicken.  Place in fridge until ready to serve.

Plate

Slightly toast pita and cut into 4's.  Place chicken skewer on top and cover with desired amount of Tzatziki sauce.

If I had more time I may have also cut up some tomatoes, covered with olive oil and oregano, salt, and pepper.  The dish was fine without it though and very filling with the pita.


I hope you enjoy this as much as I did!


Original Recipe found at:

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/231644/chicken-souvlaki-with-tzatziki-sauce/


Comments