Epcot's Food and Wine Festival 2017

Oh my lord PLEASE take me back to Disney's Epcot.  I could seriously live there!

All of the foods were so delicious that I was just in a food paradise the whole time that I was there.  I don't know when I will be able to make it back there, but hope it will be within the next couple of years!

I went with Jess, and our friend Dawn (to be featured later) who hooked us up with this whole Disney trip and shared all of the food so we could get the most optimal amount of food in.
                                                                         




I will first start with the countries that I LOVED, since that is what all the fun is about, right?

First stop:

HAWAII!

In Hawaii I got the grilled tuna with wasabi cream and some other seaweed bullshit.  The tuna was cooked perfectly and still had some of the raw texture to it.  It was delicious and had a bit of extra crunch from the sesame seeds on the outside.  By itself the wasabi cream was terrible but really complimented the tuna when eaten together.  I also had a light blonde lager which was refreshing as well.  A must go if you like tuna!  The only other place I have gotten tuna like this was in a greek restaurant in New York.  I was pleasantly surprised to relive a similar meal!






Patagonia

Here I ate the best beef empanada that I have ever eaten.  I usually don't like the teeth breaking seam of empanadas but this one was fluffy and delicious till the last bite, and I don't even think that it had any cheese in it! WOW!  I found a recipe online to recreate this so I will try it in coming weeks and see if it comes out the same!  Another MUST GO.






Hops and Barley: America

America surely did not disappoint on this adventure!  We shared this TO DIE FOR lobster roll on garlic bread and a coffee beer brewed out of Orlando (also to die for).  This was my first lobster roll ever and I lost my shit over it.  The large lobster chunks on the bread, doused with garlicky butter was my favorite meal at Epcot.   In my mind, it was made with care and each piece of lobster was hand chosen to make the perfect sandwich, since we went on a Thursday where it was not so busy.

The coffee beer made by Orange Blossom Brewing, named Foxtail Cold Brew Coffee Pilsner was the best coffee beer that I had ever tasted.  I didn't grab a picture of it, but it was not that dark like typical coffee beers and went down very easy.  The beer had just a hint of coffee flavor in it and was not super filling like a Guinness/ most coffee beers would be.  I am going to research if they have any around here because it was so darn good!







Italy

In Italy I got to experience the secret menu thanks to Dawn: pictured below:


Dawn is a Florida local who was our personal food tour guide for the evening.  She is awesome.  Everyone needs a Dawn in their life.

Dawn went into the shop in Italy and got us Rose Ragale wine and and Baci chocolate.  The two paired together were out of this world.  We were so happy to experience the "secret menu" that even a couple of people passing by asked us "where we got that".  When eating the chocolate and then sipping the wine, you couldn't even taste that the wine had any alcohol in it at all!  I felt very bougie eating this and it was fabulous.







Spain

In Spain we got Paella which only the mussels were notable - (save your money - not worth it in my opinion)





But what was TO DIE FOR was the Charcuterie in a Cone.  I don't really know what meats or cheeses were in there but the flavors and textures were magical.  One of the cubed cheeses in there had a hard but crumbly texture that was delicious with the oily and salty meat.  Wishing I could be eating one for breakfast now!



Wine and Dine Studio

As you can tell - we ate A LOT!  I am still trying to shake off the extra Disney weight even though this trip was almost two months ago!

We all split Duck Confit and Scallops.

The scallops were light and cooked perfectly with awesome mushrooms for extra flavor.  We were a little nervous what the seafood would be like at a festival but it was cooked to perfection.




The duck was also full of flavor, moist and dripping in a light zinfandel reduction. YOU MUST GET THIS.  The beans were delicious too.



The Cheese Stuido

Here we got the Cheese Trio which was VERY good.  It included a macaroon which I didn't expect to be excited about - but it was delicious and had just the right about of light and crunchy-ness to it!  That's the first macaroon I actually enjoyed and inspired me to try the one in Disney Springs!  As you can see from the picture below - we devoured it before I could even get a picture of it!

The salmon rings were also good - nothing awesome but tasty none the less.

Also pictured is the Cheese tart which was gross.  Don't get that.  It was served cold which was odd.  We agreed that it would be better if it was warm. 

 



Australia

Here we got the grilled lamb t-bone.  I think we were getting full at this point so maybe we weren't enjoying the foods as much as we did in the beginning because the most notable thing about the dish were the crunchy potato chips on top.  The saltines in the chips complimented the meat well but all I remember now is being excited that there were chips on top.  Try it yourself and see what you think!




Canada

Keith Jackson (a parent from the karate school I work at) told me we MUST stop here for the steak and oh boy and I happy that I did.  It was a large chunk of steak that was juicy and delicious down to the last bite.  Let the meal speak for itself - you wont be disappointed by getting this!

What I didn't like though was the Ice Wine they served there.  Jess and Dawn both loved it and drank my portion as well.  Apparently the wine is made by freezing the grapes first and then making the wine.  It is very expensive to buy in the store so I was exited to just try a glass of it.  It was WAY to sweet for me though and I didn't like it one bit.




France

You must get the Creme Brulee in France.  I repeat: you MUST get the Creme Brulee.  It was so traditional and tasted just like the one I had gotten in France.  The sugar on the top was melted perfectly to make a crispy shell that covered the light pudding inside. SO GOOD.




The next few were from day two of food and wine festival. 
Dawn didn't come with us the second day so we couldn't get quite as much stuff as we did the first day.  All of the "eats" stands were a little hard to find - they're right when you walk in to the right side before all of the countries.  If you find it it's worth it to go to!




Active Eats

Get the mac and cheese at Active eats.  You won't be disappointed.  Much better then the one at Friar's Nook in Magic Kingdom.

I also got the Hard Water which was not impressive.  It seemed different and something that I couldn't get at home, so I thought to try it, but it had a weird tangy aftertaste at the end that wasn't desirable.  I threw out most of it without finishing it.




Coastal Eats

Here we got the Scallops and Crab Cake.  Crab Cake was light and delicious - again very good for a festival fish item.  Look at that crab cake!  Mmh mhh mhh!




I would skip these ones and just do the wine and dine ones.  I was more excited about the beans at the bottom then I was the scallops in this dish.






Earth Eats

Ricotta and Zucchini Ravioli was good but a little cold in the middle.  I also really enjoyed the tomato sauce on top.

 



ISLANDS OF THE CARIBBEAN

Go here.  You won't regret it!



We got the Quesito with sweet cream cheese and guava sauce and white sangria.  Both were awesome.  This was Jess and my favorite meal from day 2.  It was just the right amount of light and sweet and didn't have any overpowering taste of cream cheese at all.  Wish they had this in Jersey. 


New Zealand

Just go for the booze.  I was really excited by the idea of a Lamb meatball and Venison.  Lamb meatball came in this weird bread bowl that was tasteless and a waste of space.  They were both ok but not as memorable as the wine slushy.

  




Morocco


Also you're drinking wine for the day you must get the Sangria at Morocco. It was my favorite wine drink from all of Epcot.




Things that were ok that I could take or leave:

Ireland: Warm Cheese Stout Dip and Pumpkin Chai tea cocktail 

Brazil: Pao de Queijo - weird cheese bread Dawn and Jess loved it though





Don't waste your money on:

Africa: Spinach Paneer, Unless you like curry

Italy: Canoli, all shell tasteless filling


Writing this post wants to make me go back to Disney RIGHT NOW.  What a truly magical place.  I hope this food guide was helpful to see what you might like to get during food and wine festival.  Post your favorites in the comments below or on my facebook page! =)

Happy eating! 



Comments