Turkey Burger and Sweet Potato Fries


Turkey Burger and Sweet Potato Fries!


Hello All!  This recipe was so easy and DELICIOUS!  For a while last year I was OBSESSED with order those food boxes like Blue Apron and Hello Fresh which taught me a lot of really cool recipes and introduced me to flavors that I'd never had before!  I would have never dreamed up this creation without the help of Hello Fresh for the burger and Plated for the fries.

Eventually I want to do a big review of all of the food box services that I have tried, but until I muster up the will to create that lengthy post, I will just keep name dropping the services in my blog.


Kitchen Tools You Need:

Preheat oven to 350
Baking sheet covered in foil
Pan
Tiny bowl
Large Bowl
Baking brush - optional
Disposable gloves - optional
Spatula for flipping burgers

Ingredients:

Potato Buns
a little more then 1/3 of Ground Turkey per serving (did .75 lbs for 2 people)
Taco Seasoning
Salt
Pepper
Blue Cheese Dressing
Ketchup
Lettuce
Sweet potato - peeled and chopped into fries
Olive Oil
Harissa Powder (found at whole foods) - I searched EVERYWHERE for this!



Make the Fries:

Peel and chop sweet potatoes into desired fry shape.  Place on oiled, foiled, baking sheet in single layer.  Lightly oil fries with brush and sprinkle on Harissa powder.  Place in the oven at 350 for 15-20 minutes.

Time for the burger:

Put ground turkey meat in large bowl and add desired amount of taco seasoning (hefty amount maybe 1 TBS per serving), salt, and pepper to taste.  Wearing gloves (optional) mix meat until spices blend and form into desired amount of burgers.

Place oil in pan and cook burgers about 5-7 minutes per side until cooked all the way through.

Toast Potato Buns if desired.


Serve:

In tiny bowl combine blue cheese dressing and a little bit of ketchup to make dressing for burger. - should be mostly blue cheese.  Open burger bun and spread mixture on one half, place cooked burger on plain bun.  Cut, wash, and dry one piece of lettuce for a little bit of crunch, place on top of burger and close buns.  Plate fries and serve with a little bit of ketchup on the side.  ENJOY!


Alex and I really enjoyed this for lunch, and I hope you do too!



Comments