Cannoli Cupcakes

Cannoli Cupcakes

This recipe is a must try - SO GOOD!  Thanks Kris Michalski for posting!


I cut the recipe in half since I was only baking for my dad and I; but the frosting came out literally finger licking good. The frosting tastes like actual cannoli's!

Beverages for pairing: Coffee, Milk

(Can anyone recommend a sweet red wine that pairs with Cannoli's I don't know of one yet!)




Ingredients:

Cupcakes

Vanilla Cake Mix (Mix, Water, Veggie Oil, Eggs

Frosting

8 oz Cream Cheese
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup Ricotta
3 cup Powdered Sugar - i used less
1 tsp Vanilla
1/4 tsp Cinnamon
1/4 tsp Salt
Mini Chocolate Chips

To make the frosting just combine all of the ingredients in the bowl and mix - directions in the links below.




Video to recipe Click Here
Website to direct recipe Click Here
First discovered on: Kris Michalski's Facebook Page



Things I did differently from the directions:

1. Used a half a cup less then the powdered sugar that was recommended - didn't want the frosting to come out too sweet

2. I had a hard time hollowing out the middle of the cupcakes (due to impatience) but most likely should have since the frosting dripped off the edges.

3. Also did not put the filling into a filling bag like recommended (I didn't have one) but it would have been MUCH EASIER to frost if I had done so.

4.  Due to runniness, put the frosting in the fridge before frosting the rest of the cupcakes.  It was much easier to manage after it sat in the fridge about 10 minutes - would have been better with the filling bag or sitting covered closer to 20 minutes (again very impatient).

5. After finished, kept cupcakes in the fridge since the frosting is full of dairy.



Pictures from Annette's Cape Coral Kitchen:
Cake Batter and Cup Cake Tin
Frosting in a pot because there weren't any bowls.


Thanks for viewing and happy baking! Leave a comment below if you decide to make them to let me know how they came out =).
  

Comments