Mozzarella Chicken and Unbaked Ziti



Mozzarella Chicken and Unbaked Ziti

Had to cook something fast for dinner on my first night in Florida with my dad because I was getting HANGRY.  Only had very basic tools to cook this since we had just moved in but I was still happy with the way that it came out. =)

Ingredients:

Large Chicken Breast
Mozzarella Cheese Sticks
Salt and Pepper
Pasta
Prego Traditional Tomato Sauce
Ricotta Cheese
A Ramano Parmesan Sprinkle


Chicken:
First cleaned and butterflied the chicken, then seasoned with salt and the kinda pepper that you grind out of the container.  Wanted to make the chicken a little more interesting then just regularly fried (trying to impress my dad who thought questionably about my cooking skills) so I stuck some cut up mozzarella string cheese and put it in the middle of the chicken.  (If you're wondering dad liked it!  Score!)






Ziti:
Cooked the pasta regular but it took close to 20 minutes since I am new to an electric stove and bought rigatoni pasta which also takes forever.  It was worth the wait though!  

Rinsed and drained and returned to pot.  Mixed sauce and cheese together and served!  I was so hungry and it came out better then I thought it would in the quick time that I made it.

Here is a picture of the finished product =)

Ate half of it before I thought to take a picture!  




Oops! Things I learned along the way while cooking this meal:

When stuffing chicken with something, cook butterflied part BEFORE putting in the filling.  It never cooked the other way and the cheese got all over the pan - live and learn!




Comments