Animal Kingdom, Avatar World, and Foods!


Animal Kingdom, Flight of Passage, and Delicious Foods!

Flight of Passage

I am finally able to post ALL about my Disney trip now that I have some spare time =).  If you couldn't tell from my previous post, Jess and I had a great time!  I am going a bit out of order with the posting but the first park that we did was Animal Kingdom (Tuesday).  As soon as the park opened we jetted right over to the Flight of Passage ride (pictures below).  The scenery was INCREDIBLE and looked so much like the movie!  We waited about 75 minutes for the ride but it was so worth it!  Disney made waiting in line an incredible visual experience making it seem like you were exploring inside the Avatar world, take a look below!








Once on the 4-D ride you really felt like you were riding on the back of a banshee as it moved and breathed in time as it landed on rocks and flew through waterfalls and other animals.  The interactive experience was so realistic that you even were able to smell the water, moss, and dirt that you passed along the way!  Definitely worth the wait! 




Of course after this we were hungry and stopped at the:


Satu'li Canteen

(quick service meal) right outside of Flight of passage.  I wasn't sure if I wanted to eat here but I am so happy that we did.  It was described to me as a Chipotle style restaurant where you choose a meat, sauce, and grain to eat.   It was surprisingly a LOT of food, felt hearty and healthy, and had amazing flavor in every bite.



I got the chicken with brown rice and the chimichurri sauce.  The chimichurri was just the right amount of spicy and added a nice wet texture to smoothly accompany the rice and chicken.  


The meal also came with a "coleslaw" of cabbage, carrots, and little boba's.  I got it on the side because I didn't know how well it would taste and didn't want to have to pick it out if I didn't like it.  It was a little dry and the boba's were very sweet, exploding with liquid once you chewed them.  It was odd so I am glad that it was on the side.  

Over all the meal was great and I would eat it often if they had one closer to home!




Lastly in Animal Kingdom we tried the quick outdoor version of:


Yak and Yeti



Here we ordered ribs (and fries not pictured) which were not out of this world but still fell right off the small bones.  I was very impressed for outdoor theme park food and was the perfect amount of food to split right before dinner!




If only I had 3 more stomachs!  I would have loved to have eaten something at all of the restaurants in Animal Kingdom!

Comment below with your favorite places and pictures of Animal Kingdom!




Comments