Disney Springs - Wine Slushes, Morimoto, and Trex!

Hello again everyone!  Posting these next two posts seriously makes me miss Disney so much!  What a great trip Jess and I had.  If only there were a way for me to somehow make a living off of being insta / internet famous and get paid to be in Disney always and eat all their foods, sigh.



On Monday we stopped in Disney Springs on our first night and went right to the wine slushes at Amorette’s Patisserie thanks to the Jacksons reccomendation!

     
              



They had mango moscato and strawberry shiraz which were both delightful and very filling!  I personally enjoyed the mango more since it was lighter and had a more frozen, fruity consistency then the strawberry.  If you're looking to taste more of the wine though then I would go for the strawberry since it had a bit of an alcoholic bite to it.  Both VERY good though, so of course we had to go back for seconds on another visit there!



Second visit on Friday featuring macaroon




After slushies it was time for dinner at Morimoto's. 


When we entered the wait time was something astronomical so we just went upstairs the the bar/lounge area where we could be immediately seated.  Jess and I were AMAZED at the design of the place.  The pictures that I took aren't a good representation of what I am trying to describe below, but try to imagine any way.  

Somehow, whoever designed the inside had this beautiful idea of making a multi-level winding sculpture be a functional centerpiece of the restaurant.  It starts at the bottom of the lobby as the railing for the staircase and becomes a counter top where the upstairs hostesses stand, turning into an upstairs bar top, finally looping back down to finish as a hanging sculpture.






From the pictures it doesn't look like much, but it was truly incredible to experience in person.

As for the food, we found the sushi and drinks to be average.  The flavor of the sushi (I ordered a spicy tuna roll) was ok, not memorable enough to describe, with a lot of rice on the outside.  I found myself having to cover my mouth as the amount of sushi was too much for me to keep in during my one bite attempts.






What were delicious though were the pork belly bao.


It was my first time eating bao, on Jess's recommendation, and it was one of my favorite things I had eaten during the whole trip.  

The pork belly was melt in your mouth delicious with a slightly tangy asian sauce wrapped in a steamy and light bun.  It was a shame that the order had only come with two because I could have eaten these bad boys ALL DAY.  If any of you go here, you MUST try these and tell me what you think of them.  

And also eat an extra one for me =).







On Tuesday's visit to Disney Springs we visited Trex complete with hourly meteor showers and ocean room.


I had been here before but was happy to return to this dinosaur themed restaurant.  Jess ordered a bougie cotton candy martini and we shared typical American bar food.






The service was great and what I REALLY enjoyed was the bruschetta on the top of the plate.  The flavor of the tomatoes with balsamic and the perfectly toasted breads were a tasty treat that I wasn't expecting.  It also came with a creamy goat cheese that I could have just eaten off of a spoon.  Jess had told me they have a similar tasting bruschetta at Houlihans that I will have to check out too!


Lastly we ate at House of Blues on Friday.  We shared a shrimp Ceaser salad (not as good as 50's Cafe) and taco's that I didn't get a good picture of.  The atmosphere and sangria were both good but nothing mind blowing. 



All in all we really enjoyed walking around Disney Springs and still loved the fact that it was walking distance from our hotel!  Oh how I wish I could be there now. 

Until next time!

Comments