Magic Kingdom: Be Our Guest, Friar's Nook, and Skippers Canteen

Be Our Guest!

At the last minute I was so excited to be able to snag a breakfast reservation here!  When booking the trip back over the summer they were all booked up for EVERY DAY that we were going to be in Disney.  When we got there I checked again and got one! BOOM!!

It was cool to go into the restaurant (especially since it is so sought after) to see all of the decor that made the castle look like the movie, (pictured below).


 





Before going I read a couple of blogs about the breakfast they offered so I was prepared for the small and over price portions that were offered.  Upon walking in to the restaurant guests ordered their food and paid on an electronic kiosk and then were asked to choose a seat.  Food was delivered promptly and since I had ordered a breakfast cheese plate 😍  I was super excited when it was delivered. (CHEESE!)



I enjoyed pairing the bread, jam, brie cheese, and various meats together in different combinations.  I didn't particularly enjoy the salami thats right under the brie.  My favorite meat was the prosciutto (bottom right).




I was also very happy that they included pastries with ouR breakfast.  I only really liked the chocolate croissant and the regular croissant.  I had some left over brie that I spread on the croissant that reminded me of actually being in France =).  That part was especially delicious!

I ALSO GOT TO TRY THE GRAY STUFF

IT'S....OK


The flavor of the "gray stuff" was supposed to be cookies and cream (as per the internet) but just tasted like regular smooth frosting.  What DID impress me though were the little round things on top.  Jess and I both expected them to be hard and inedible sprinkles but instead they were similar to a nestle crunch and were my favorite part of the desert!


What made the breakfast even better was that we got to walk right on to the first ride of the 7 dwarves mine train, before the park even opened!  Right after we got off the ride,  the wait time immediately jumped up to 90 minutes!  Glad we dodged that bullet!

If for nothing else I am happy that we made the reservation to just to skip the line on the mine train!



Next stop for lunch...

Friar's Nook


I heard great things about the mac and cheese here and enjoyed the bbq-esq. sauce on top of the chicken.  It was a bit hot outside for the creamy mac and cheese but it was cheese and you can hardly go wrong with a cheesy snack!


Last but not least after the fireworks - WHICH WAS MAYHEM TO TRY TO NAVIGATE OUT OF THERE- we made our way over the the Skipper Canteen for dinner.  I was a little cranky and ordered the Tastes like Chicken - Because it is!  The exterior of the chicken was extremely fried, and too crunchy. The sauce was very spicy and thick and I didn't enjoy trying to wrangle the chicken to cut it one bit.  I have since forgotten when Jess got but she wasn't extremely impressed with her meal either.  

Not saying that it was a bad restaurant but maybe we were just really spent after a long day in the park and should have went back to the hotel!

Over all the food that we had gotten in Magic Kingdom wasn't to die for but I am grateful for everything that we did eat!  I really liked seeing the castle and just being in magic kingdom.  I also really enjoyed the shops there and got some awesome light up ears!

Comments