Saratoga Springs Hotel: Pool drinks and Turf Club Bar and Grill

Hey there everyone!  I am finally back from my Disney vacation and FINALLY have time to post about my favorite meals I had while over there!  Although I did not cook any of these meals myself, they were all too delicious not to post!

The hotel itself was very spread out but relaxing and nice none the less.  The only full on restaurant  was Tuft Club that we visited on the last night of our stay.  I was a little disappointed to hear this at first, but once I found out that Disney Springs was only a 10 minute walk from our hotel I didn't  mind so much any more!

The quick service spots were average and got the job done for a on the go breakfast or a I HAVE TO EAT RIGHT NOW kinda lunch.  I was surprised by the good quality of one of their breakfast burritos though, but not enough to post about it in detail.





The first thing I was wowed by was a moscato colada down by the pool.  We had over heard another lady ordering it and had to try it for ourselves!




I am not 100% sure of all of the ingredients but I know it consisted of pina colada mix, some blue stuff, and pinnacle* (ew) moscato vodka which was surprisingly delicious!  Jess**, my travel buddy,  and I expected the drink to be pretty sweet since moscato wine on the sweeter side and pina coladas are also sweet BUT it was not to our surprise! Replacing the traditional rum in a pina colada with vodka cut the sweetness and made the drink delicious and leaving you wanting more!  Granted we only got one each because it was early in the day and we had a lot of night drinking to do, but we could have EASILY sipped on these baby's all day.



TURF CLUB BAR AND GRILL


This was our last Disney meal and OH BOY was it one to remember.  The food was so delicious that we even ordered desert (I usually never have desert).



Jess ordered scallops which she said were delicious but I didn't have many of them.




I ordered prime rib which was so easy to cut into with rich, creamy, mashed potatoes and broccoli rabe. 😍


For those of you who don't know I LOVE mashed potatoes.  I usually prefer mashed potatoes that aren't of the smooth consistency, but the flavor of the potatoes creamed together with butter were just the tastiest that I have had in the longest that I can remember.  As for the broccoli rabe, it was the first time that I had eaten it and I wasn't a huge fan.  It was very tasty though and I enjoyed the accompaniment of a vegetable.  Lastly for the steak, I don't really know much about the flavoring of steak but it was cooked medium rare and every bite was sent from heaven.  If you ever go here I 100% recommend getting this.

Just when we though we were stuffed to capacity the waiter brought over the desert menu that we could not resist.  





CHOCLATE ESPRESSO TORTE



We ordered the chocolate espresso torte with whipped cream and vanilla port wine ice cream (wine in ice cream... sign me up!).  The torte was so rich that for me it was difficult to swallow without the ice cream, but some how we manage to devour it all.  The raspberries also delivered a bit of a watery/ sweet bite to the torte that Jess and I both adored.  We had wished that they added more raspberries to the dish so we could have gotten more then one and a half each. 

My mouth is seriously watering just thinking about how delicious it was!  


You can obviously tell we hated it...





The view was also beautiful as it was on the water and you could see Disney Springs from our outdoor seating area. 
I wish I could be back there right now! 😩

Stay tuned for my other Disney posts!











Extras:

* I HATE pinnacle.  For my 20th birthday I had warm peach drink and tried to mix warm pinnacle vodka with it to make "peaches and cream".  It was horrific and I will forever hate pinnacle.



** This is jess my travel buddy (and me).  




Comments