Salad Toppings: Home Made Ceaser Dressing and Garlicky Croutons

Hello All!

Sadly I don't have a good picture of this dressing or the croutons but oh boy are they good!  Thanks again Aunt Krista for an amazing recipe for the dressing (the Clam Chowder recipe was also from her)!  The crouton recipe I found in a past Marley Spoon meal box.  In a more detailed post I will soon post all about my new obsession with the meal service boxes.  Currently signed up for 5 services and I am loving ever minute of it!)

First I will discuss the Dressing:

The most deciding factor in the flavor of this dressing is the brand of red wine vinegar that you use.  I recently made this with Olive Tap Red Wine Vinegar **which is so good.  Click the link to order some for yourself; it's a little bit on the pricier side but you wont be disappointed!  If you don't have this you can surely make it with another type of red wine vinegar but just beware, sometimes the wrong vinegar makes it a bit sour tasting.

**Olive Tap also has amazing olive oils and balsamic vinegars.  As I try more of their stuff I will write up a separate post just devoted to Olive Tap. =) Thanks mom for introducing the brand to me!


Combine all ingredients in container:

1/2 Cup Oliver Oil
1 Egg
2 TBS Red Wine Vinegar
2 TBS Worcestershire 
1 Clove minced garlic
Salt and Pepper to taste
Parmesan Cheese to taste


Whisk ingredients together and serve immediately.  Dressing doesn't refrigerate well so use ASAP.




Next, the croutons:

These are actually the best croutons that I've ever eaten.  Pre heat the oven to 350.

Here is what you need:

Baking Sheet
Mini French Roll
1 TBS Olive Oil
Fresh Thyme springs (only leaves) Chopped to taste
1 Clove Grate Garlic
Salt

Slice bread into cubes and brush on olive oil with kitchen brush.  Sprinkle all other ingredients on baking sheet and toss.  Bake 15 minutes and Volia!



I have never actually combined the two together in a salad but I image the dressing on just the veggies/ meats of the salad and the croutons sprinkled on top would be super yum!  DON'T FORGET TO ADD CHEESE! 😆

Let me know if you combine them everyone!  Happy Cooking





Comments