Quick Garlic Cream Sauce

This post is short, sweet, and to the point.  
Made this quick pasta sauce for dinner last night and it was surprisingly delicious!

I was so hungry after teaching all day that I didn't take time to document with pictures.  But here it is.





Ingredients:

(All measurements by eye, made for 2)

1/4 Stick butter
a little bit chopped onion
1 clove minced garlic
garlic salt
pepper
onion powder
parmesan cheese
splash of whole milk
olive oil

Finishing garnish when plated:
More parmesan and parsley flakes ( I am sure real parsley would have tasted better but I didn't have any)


What I did to create the sauce:

Melt the butter in very small frying pan.  Add onions chopped fine and minced garlic to pan.  Cook for a little and add seasonings and cheese.  Once almost completely cooked add a little milk and stir frequently.  When tasting I realized it was a bit salty so I added a touch more milk and a little olive oil (SUCH A LITTLE) to dilute the salt.  When finished I drained the pasta and added it back into the pot it had just cooked in, then added the sauce!  Plated and finished with garnish.  Not the healthiest but so quick and yummy!

Happy cooking all =)

Comments