Zucchini Grilled Cheese - Yes I Ate This for Breakfast

Zucchini Grilled Cheese




Found this from Lisa C's facebook page.  Thanks for sharing =)

As you all know I LOVE cheeses and figured this is sorta breakfast (it has an egg in it 😆) and is healthier then having just a plain old grilled cheese.  Although there was cheese in it, this left me feeling energized and ready for the day.

I didn't have corn starch so I used baking powder to try to soak up some of the water from the zucchini.  It worked alright but when making this again I will use corn starch for sure.  I also didn't have scallions so I used red onion.

Ingredients:

Zucchini greated
1 Egg
Parmesan
Scallions
Corn Starch
Salt and Pepper
Cheddar Cheese (could really be any cheese)
Hot sauce

Directions:

Mix all ingredients in a bowl.  Put olive oil in skillet and form two zucchini patties.  Cook until patties bond and you can flip.  Add cheese and serve!  


Very Simple and delicious.  I added hot sauce on top afterwards to give it a little extra kick.  =)  I might make this often instead of a regular grilled cheese.  I didn't even miss the bread since the zucchini bonded together pretty well =)

Next time I might try to add a little onion powder to it to try and make it even more flavorful.

Thanks for visiting!
Click here to see video: Click Here

Comments